Please include when and where you have lived in UCO housing or previously worked for UCO Housing on the application. All applicants must apply for the regular Housing Desk Clerk position as well.
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable.
Perform computer and customer service related duties in an office setting. Typical duties may include but are not limited to: typing, filing, answering telephones, customer service, scheduling appointments, and Microsoft Office experience.
This position is for desk workers to include the 24 hour desk and all residence hall lobbies. The list below includes an overview of standard job duties, but the position is not limited to the specific duties listed below.
- Greets all visitors in a manner that is friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- Answers and makes phone calls in a friendly, professional manner.
- Provides accurate information and timely assistance to all residents and non-residents who inquire at the desk.
- Serves as an information source regarding residence hall activities, policies and procedures, and campus and resident services.
- Responsible for a twice daily campus mail run on foot or through the use of a University golf cart.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of student housing information and accounts.
- Performs other duties as required to support the mission and function of the area of responsibility.
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS Fall/Spring Semesters All student employees must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible to work any UCO student position. Half time enrollment for Fall/Spring is considered 5 hours for graduates and 6 hours for undergraduates. Summer Semester Undergraduate Work-Study students must be enrolled in 6 hours to work on campus and Graduate Work-Study students must be enrolled in at least 5 hours. All other students must be enrolled in at least 3 hours to work on campus. Students not enrolled in summer classes must be enrolled in Fall classes in order to work on campus, but will be required to pay FICA taxes. If the number of hours needed to graduate is less than the minimum hours required to work, the student must obtain a letter from his/her advisor stating the number of hours needed to graduate. Call Human Resources Dept. for further information.
Preference will be given to current or former residents of a UCO residence hall and/or anyone who has a basic working knowledge of current UCO student policies and requirements. Customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Takes initiative
- Team oriented
- Sensitive of intercultural communication
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Comfortable navigating multiple software platforms
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.