The Director of Client Experience and Technology Resource Center reports directly to the CIO. Provides strategic leadership for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery for the Office of Information Technology. Responsible for strategic and operational oversight of Academic Technologies and Training, Multimedia Services, Service Desk, and Technology Support. Accountable for ensuring alignment with IT vision and strategy within area of responsibility. Ensures the area’s technological level remains up to date, defines standards, and implements new policies, procedures and techniques. Establishes department goals and objectives. Effectively collaborates across the IT organization and with leadership and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude.
Oversee the institution’s information technology projects/activities. Direct/Manage/Supervise technology projects to meet specific university requirements. Develop and implement programs to maximize customer satisfaction and operational efficiencies. Hire and maintain staff and ensure adequate staffing for projects and university IT operations. Work closely with other leaders on campus to develop plans to meet institutional objectives and provide support resources.
The Director of Client Experience provides thought leadership, direction, and oversight for the Technology Resource Center and UCO Service Desk which serve as the primary interfaces for academic and administrative technology support services at UCO, as well as Multimedia Services, and Technology Support. Promotes the development and awareness of innovative technologies, digital learning and technology services for the advancement of teaching, learning and research. Responsible for partnering with university academic, business and functional units to identify high-impact operational improvement opportunities focused on enhancing service delivery capabilities that support an optimal customer experience. Ensures strong interaction with IT leadership, escalating customer complaints when appropriate.
• Defines and communicates academic technology vision in collaboration with key academic stakeholders and provides leadership for the design, development and implementation of university-wide instructional technology. These efforts include collaboration in the design and support of learning and collaborative spaces.
• Lead innovative digital learning initiatives in collaboration with faculty, students and staff across the university.
• Provides strategic leadership across the distributed IT community to foster collaboration, coordinate technology support, deliver training, and promote integrated enterprise service delivery.
• Responsible for delivering, measuring, and improving the customer experience with IT Service Desk, Technology Support, Media Services and Technology Training.
• Manage, coach, and mentor direct reports and others in the organization.
• Ensure team members’ technical skills are kept current by identifying and supporting appropriate training and other professional development opportunities.
• Facilitate effective communications and knowledge sharing between IT Managers by facilitating regular leadership team meetings for those within area of responsibility.
• Oversee key performance indicators and Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics to meet management targets.
• Report performance to senior leadership on a frequent basis.
• Understand and proactively manage the funding/budget for area of responsibility.
• Proactively negotiate and manage the contracts for all consultants and contractors working within area of responsibility.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of an IT Policy framework and a holistic set of IT Policies for the university.
• Create, support and drive change leadership and transformational initiatives. Leads and promotes efforts for innovation, creative problem solving, and continuous improvement in the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience that provides extensive knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Extensive knowledge and compressive understanding of functional area
7+ years of experience with leading planning, including program development and innovation, program prioritization, and assessment.
Appropriate profession accomplishments and credentials.
• Progressively responsible experience in academic technology and training including proven track record for recommendation, direction, maintenance, and planning of the overall policies and goals for University learning management systems and integrated solutions, classroom design, and faculty development programs related to instructional technology and learning strategies.
• Experience in a customer service or client relations environment leveraging ITIL Service Management and the development of ITSM strategies for supporting the achievement of operational excellence.
• Experience in strategic planning, project planning, budgeting and management, and process transformation, preferred.
• This position involves a high level of interaction with faculty, staff, administrators and students, and is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating services and programs that support university and OIT strategic goals.
• Excellent leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively within a team, and ability to inspire team members.
• Must have broad, technical IT knowledge with analytical skills and business acumen.
• Strong management skills with direct experience managing a diverse group of technology staff.
• Strong written and verbal skills with proven project management experience.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning and ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment.
• Demonstrated capacity to foster trust and develop the talents and expertise of staff so that they are able to assume expanded responsibilities.
• Demonstrated and exceptional customer-focus and service orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collegially with a variety of stakeholders, and establish collaborative relationships with administrators, deans, faculty, staff, department heads, students and colleagues is required.
• Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics.
• This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.